Friday 21 November 2014

Thrifty soup

STOP THROWING OUT YOUR LEFTOVER CHICKEN CARCASS. 



I cooked a chicken on Sunday and as we all do had the bones / carcass left over.
I have always thrown it out...until this week. I have read how people made chicken stock from it, but to be honest could never be bothered and plus didn't really know if I would do anything with the stock afterwards. 
But spurned on to be thrifty I thought Id give it a go. I put the bones in a big pan of water and left it to boil. I used a colander to get out the bones about an hour later.
I then threw in the left over liquid with a bit more added water, some left over new potatoes and a large carrot. I didn't scrape them or anything just chopped them up fine. I added a pinch of mixed herbs and some pepper and left it to cook down. When the veg was soft I mashed it slightly with a spoon.
OMG amazing soup, I will never buy a tin again!!! I had a deep bowl full and froze the rest. It's worth it.....don't throw them out.... get your moneys worth out of them bones!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment