Tuesday 11 November 2014

Determined to Rag Rug




I've made lots of hooked rugs in the past and even tried doing the plaited ones (unsuccessfully I'm afraid it looked like a cone!) 


I had already cut strips up from a red onesie that I have to confess that I had retrieved from the end of a car boot sale.

The plastic zip had broken and the previous owner had left it under her table as she couldn't be bothered throwing it away. 

However the fabric was a lovely colour and drew me and my sticky fingers to rescue it and refashion it into something else.....a rug!!


I plaited away one evening and started sewing them together taking a lot longer than I imagined however with hindsight perhaps sewing on ones lap and not on a flat surface does not help and a lovely hat or bowl was created instead.


But I'm a determined crafter and I hate waste so I pull it all back and search my beloved You tube and found how to complete a Knotted Amish rug.

So whilst sat after tea..... Ive messed....as my Chris puts it and after a couple of hours have the raw basis for my knotted rug. I'm really quite thrilled though I had learnt my lesson from the last one and got out my little folding table to lean on this time.

Feels so nice underfoot and not bad for a first try....so I will keep knotting and hopefully you will see a finished article soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment